Question:
What are some fun, cheap (or even free) things for families with young children to do in Indianapolis, IN?
2006-04-27 10:33:49 UTC
What are some fun, cheap (or even free) things for families with young children to do in Indianapolis, IN?
Four answers:
whiskygirl6996@sbcglobal.net
2006-04-30 12:11:17 UTC
GO DOWN TOWN AND WALK AROUND THE MONUMENTS AND THE CANAL IS PRETTY IN THE SPRING, ALSO YOU CAN GO TO CIRCLE CENTER AND WINDOW SHOP MAYBE HAVE A PICNIC AT THE WHITE RIVER STATE PARK OR GO TO EAGLE CREEK AND GO FISHING, SWIMMING, HIKING, IT COST LIKE 4 OR 5 DOLLARS TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE PARK, HAVE FUN EXPLORING
vicked01
2006-04-28 07:38:42 UTC
The zoo or the childrens museum. We took our son to them both. I couldn't get my husband or son out of the museum! This is vicked01's wife! Indy also has some great parks! I know that they have a new website now. I'm not sure what it is but I hear that it is great for information on what is going on and places to see! There are also a lot of festivals that take place within an hours drive of there. You can search for festivals in indiana and find tons of them. Good luck! My family and I are going to an all you can eat chocolate festival on the 7th of May!!
2006-04-27 10:54:02 UTC
Check out Fountain Square. They have alot of cheap, and mostly free, activities. If they haven't started yet, they will soon be having free family movie night. Just take your lawnchair. There are several festivals throughout the year with craft stations for the children. I live three hours away, but I try to take my kids whenever I can.

Broadripple is also fun to browse, even for little ones.
2006-04-27 10:36:05 UTC
I hear the children's museum in Indy is great. Never been though