Question:
What is the cheapest way to ship or move goods from Chicago to Indianapolis?
pkingpking1
2006-05-13 16:49:11 UTC
I have a 10 by 10' storage unit including boxes, fridge, stove, washer and dtryer. I have very limited funds, no truck and no help to speak of. I need the very cheapest way to get them down here so I can save on the storage costs. I really appreciate your help.
Three answers:
missmayzie
2006-05-17 00:36:19 UTC
Call around to several trucking firms that go state to state . Chose a firm that has a terminal in Indianapolis , as well as Chicago . Get an estimate ,per pallet . Pick up lots of shrink wrap and purchase as many pallets to load your belongings on ; shrink wrap the whole thing . Then take your items to the trucking terminal where they will be loaded and dropped off at your destination city .Much more economical than hiring a moving company .
Olympia
2006-05-13 16:57:21 UTC
You need to rent a truck from u-haul. If you have a car you can just rent the trailer. I did rent a trailer when moving from Pittsburgh to Chicago. It worked. Call 1-800-GO- U-HAUL ((1-800-468-4285) and talk to them about what you need. Good luck
yellow turbo
2006-05-16 01:16:30 UTC
You also might want to try PODS. They deliver a container to your location, and when you're done, they'll pick it up and deliver it to wherever you want.

www.pods.com