Question:
Anyone ever visited Santa Claus Indiana?? Holiday World? Stayed at Lake Rudolph??
nikkijo
2006-05-28 19:26:52 UTC
We are going on vacation there. Any other information would be great.
Four answers:
Mama Pastafarian
2006-05-30 17:06:51 UTC
I've been to Santa Claus land (the original name of Holiday World) quite a few times over the years, beginning when I was 3. I still have that first picture with Santa Claus! Holiday World may not be the biggest amusement park, but I think it's one of the best. They've got top-notch roller coasters, and other rides, with a variety for different ages. The water park is a lot of fun, with different rides and the wave pool and lazy river are great places to spend a hot summer day. The park is the cleanest amusement park I've ever been in, and we've visited parks from coast to coast.

The price of tickets at Holiday World is a lot less than at other parks, plus they have all sorts of opportunities for discount tickets. Check their website for discounts!

They offer free sunscreen in the water park, and free soft drinks throughout the park, which is big money saver. Parking is also free, which isn't always the case at amusement parks.

The owners seem to really care about the visitors to the park. On a trip there 6 years ago with my kids, we were rear-ended by another driver. We decided to continue on to the park, and I just happened to mention the wreck to the person at the ticket booth. The Kochs (the owners) came out to check on us, had us looked at by the first aid people, and gave us vouchers for free meals that day. They said that they wanted to make sure that the rest of our day was better than the drive to the park.

When you leave the park at the end of the day, you will most likely be told "Bye" by one of the Koch family.

Have fun!
Suzanne
2006-05-31 18:36:32 UTC
We went to Holiday World last year with 3 children under 6 and it was great. I think older children might get bored with the regular rides. The water part was a lot of fun. Most lines for the water rides were short. There is also a water area geared more towards little ones. It has little fountains and such that sprinkle the kids. The free sunscreen and drinks were nice. Food was not too pricey. All in all, the park is kind of small but it is also a lot cheaper than other parks.

I have never stayed at Lake Rudolph.
43372
2006-05-29 04:47:51 UTC
Yes, I've been to Santa Claus Indiana and holiday Wrold but not to Lake Rudolph. There wasn't really that much to do in Santa Claus, i think there was Abraham Lincoln's log cabin somewhere around there. Holiday World was fun. At dusk when people start to leave the lines get really short. I went on a log flume ride about 10 times in a row without any line at all. There are nice little shops at the amusement park and places to eat. At one shop someone was blowing glass and you got to watch it was really cool. Also in the park are a bunch of kiddie rides and roller coasters and stuff. If you go to the water park right next to it beware, the lines are VERY long. Overall fun...have a nice trip
meredith o
2006-05-29 21:58:12 UTC
there are some caves and stuff near french lick indiana that are really fun and if your vacationing in that area its not too far to drive. Jasper In has a lot of cool german restraunts and old neat buildings.