Question:
Where is a good place for to go for a weekend getaway?
Mel
2006-05-06 18:19:58 UTC
Me and my friends want to get out of town(we live about 3 hours away from Chicago) and want to go somewhere fun.
Nine answers:
MASaintFan
2006-05-06 18:26:51 UTC
If you are willing to fly, you could take trip to Vegas (you could probably get a cheap flight on Southwest from Midway and a cheap room on the strip). Or, if Vegas doesn't do it for you, San Francisco or San Diego are great places to spend a few days.

If you want something closer (and cheaper!), Madison, WI is supposed to be a fun town. Although it has a bad rap, Milwaukee has some good restaurants, museums, etc.

Have fun!
tk
2006-05-07 11:57:04 UTC
Well, instead of picking one specific location, pick a direction and just go. See what you run into to do. I find that the fun, unplanned trips can be more exciting the the ones with a specific destination. If you are three hours from Chicago, maybe start there and hit a couple of museums or stores, then either stay there for the night, or head in a different direction from Chicago, maybe West and see what you find. Maybe try to make a circle out from where you live and hit different places. The trip in itself could be fun as you decide as you go what you want to see and where you want to go. Just pick up a road map and go.
working mom of 3
2006-05-10 20:30:21 UTC
Take the train to Chicago for shopping,etc. Costs about 60 bucks.
annie
2006-05-07 02:13:19 UTC
Leavenwoth, WA...a Bavarian town in the mountains. Very beautiful with lots of things to do. Stay at the Enzian Inn. They have a great brunch everyday and amazing rooms.
heather
2006-05-07 01:39:42 UTC
Get to Chicago baby! If you like sports, there's plenty of that! If you like museums they have plenty of that (the Museum of Modern Art on Michigan Ave is awesome). Plenty of great restaurants and the bars stay open so late you'll just freak! Lots of dancing, live music of all kinds. And don't get me started on the shopping!
ewaqphd
2006-05-07 01:21:31 UTC
Toronto
Flyboy68