Question:
What are some semi-tourist attractions in the Indianapolis area?
James M
2006-05-28 17:58:57 UTC
I drive from Kansas City to Philadelphia on I-70 regularly and always love stopping in downtown and taking photos, but I was hoping to get some local input on places to go, things to do, etc. I'd love to made a day of it. Thanks!
Three answers:
mcgrad_01
2006-05-28 18:47:34 UTC
If you've got time, dowtown Indy has lots to offer:

Indianapolis Zoo/White River Gardens (great for photos)

Eiteljorg Museum (Native American works)

NCAA Headquarters/Hall of Fame

The best seafood can be had at The Oceanaire Seafood Room...the only place in Indy that I trust to eat raw oysters (I only eat them in locations where a large body of water exists) Kinda pricey, but great food!!

A little ways out of downtown is the Indianapolis Museum of Art, the Children's Museum (I have such a better time going as an adult than a kid!!), and an artsy area named Broad Ripple. If you go to Broad Ripple, you must have a meal at the Broad Ripple Brew Pub...try the scottish egg!

There's also Crown Hill Cemetery, a little north of downtown, near the art museum. It's the 3rd largest cemetery in the US with lots of history and beauty. Photographers enjoy taking pics of the old statues near the graves, or the Gothic cathedral in the center of the cemetery. If you head up the hill to James Whitcomb Riley's plot, you are on the top of the hill and can overlook all of Indy. Very pretty in summer and fall!
me
2006-05-29 22:19:35 UTC
Broad ripple village

lots of shops & restruants

great place to feed ducks

at night it is a party bar spot.

Fountain Square

art galleries

antique stores

duck pin bowling

http://www.discoverfountainsquare.com

Castleton

has a nicer mall and more upscale dining chooses

Eagle Creek state park

hiking

boating

fishing ect..

downtown

State museum + Imax theather ( which has 3d movies too)

The zoo has the only under water dolphine viewing room.

Circle center mall

Clay pool court (mall)

Canal walk & white river walk

Victory field (baseball)

Indiana Museum of Art

Surprisingly Nice art collection

Large grounds with great gardens and scupltures

Wolfgan puck restruant
sxc biatch
2006-05-29 00:59:22 UTC