Question:
I am moving to Indianapolis Indiana soon, any cool things to do or see?
jeremythorn7
2006-04-27 16:13:16 UTC
I will be there for about two years, but I will be on a very limited budget. Please keep it to family oriented activities. Thanks!
Five answers:
Philyra_Rose
2006-04-27 16:30:29 UTC
Indy has one of the worlds biggest Children's Museums (it's changed a lot since I last went, but i always had fun there as a kid). here's their website:

http://www.childrensmuseum.org/catalog/home.asp

they have several free days, including MLK day and Christmas Eve, and the first thrusday evening of every month. Admission has gone up considerably since I was there last, but it's worth the money if you stay the whole day.

The zoo and gardens are also really great. the web page is here: http://www.indyzoo.com/

they about the same cost as the museum in the summer, but cheaper in the fall and winter and still pretty fun. we went this january on a warmer day (oh, say 55ish) and had a blast.

there's also tons of art museums and an Imax and lots of live theatre and good restaurants too.

There's also a lot of dancing that's pretty reasonable priced. There's a place that holds regular swing dances, and a regular contra dance as well. I dont' know about the swing, but contra is really family friendly and super easy to learn. We've had everyone from 6yr olds to 86yr olds learn here in B-town.

some web pages for that suff:

http://www.indycontra.org/Home.php

http://www.indyswing.org/html/schedule.html

hope that helps and welcome to the hoosier state!
kitkat
2006-04-27 16:30:13 UTC
You have my sympathies. I lived there one year and couldn't wait to come home. Go to downtown Indianapolis, they have a great movie theater (for the life of me can't remember the name,sorry). They have a wonderful bar and menu, you eat drink and watch a movie fairly cheap. They have done over their downtown district and theres lots to do for the whole family. Check out Disney store, Huge... Be sure to go at Christmas time too, all shops are decorated. Good Luck...

Found the name of the theater: Hollywood Bar and Filmworks.
kimberly24241999
2006-04-27 16:14:17 UTC
Indy 500 race is coming up soon. You can get lawn seats for about $20.00. Go to musuems, park
KORYE
2006-04-27 16:16:31 UTC
the colts
2006-04-27 16:28:45 UTC